Terms and Conditions
Upon engaging Freight Trans Ltd (Freight Trans Removals) the following terms and conditions are to be agreed: Any amendment must be mutually agreed in writing between us and the customer prior to removal work commencing.
Quotations given prior to removals are subject to change where there are any differences or changes in circumstances (for example extra/unseen items, severe delays in travel, delays in sale or exchange of contracts). It will be the customer's responsibility to ensure that no items are taken in error and that no items required to be moved are left behind at the initial destination
Although we quote a fixed price we reserve the right to amend it or make additional charges if any of the following have not been taken into account when preparing the quotation.
- We supply any additional services.
- There are delays outside our reasonable control.
- Access to the collection or delivery point is inadequate or the approach is unsuitable for our vehicles. More than 30 meters distance to load and unload point.
- The collection or delivery address is not on ground floor level and it is above the first floor level (if in doubt please check with us we, are happy to help).
- Any parking or other fees or charges that we have to incur and pay in order to carry out the services you require.
- In all these circumstances you will be responsible for the extra charges.
“Our quotation is not a guarantee that we have vehicles available on the day you require. Accordingly acceptance of our quotation does not constitute a contract between us until you have our written confirmation that we can move your goods on the requested date.
Except where we agree in writing we would ask for a deposit prior to our confirmation that we will do your move. The deposit ensures that your move is fully booked and appropriate resources are allocated for your move. We do have busy times and our fair policy means we operate on a first come- first served basis.
2. Work excluded from our quotations
Unless previously agreed we will not:
- Dismantle or assemble unit-furniture, fitments or fittings.
- Disconnect or reconnect appliances, fittings or equipment.
- Remove or lay fitted floor coverings.
- Move night storage heaters unless they are dismantled.
3. Excluded property
The following items are specifically excluded from the Contract and will not be removed :
- Jewellery, watches, trinkets, precious stones, money, deeds, securities, stamps, coins or goods or collections of a similar kind.
- Potentially dangerous, damaging or explosive items.
- Goods likely to encourage vermin or other pests or to cause infection.
- Any animals and their cages or tanks including pets, birds or fish.
4. Customer’s responsibility
It is your sole responsibility to:
- Obtain at your expense all documents necessary for the removal to be completed.
- Be present yourself or appoint a representative at the departure and destination points to ensure that nothing is removed or left in error.
- Prepare adequately and stabilise all appliances prior to their removal. Other than by reason of our negligence we will not be liable for any loss or damage, costs or additional charges that may arise from these matters.
5. Ownership of the goods
By entering into this contract you confirm to us that:
- The goods to be removed are your own property.
- You have the authority of the owner of the property to make this contract in respect of the goods to be removed or stored.
- You will be responsible to pay for any claim for damages and/or costs against either of the above if this proves to be untrue.
6. Payment/ Cancellation
Freight Trans Removals will only accept payment of either: cash on the day prior to removal; or cleared bank transfer a minimum of 24 hours prior to removal commencing.
Unless you have our agreement to the contrary you must pay our charges on or before the day of your removal. Interest at 3% per month calculated on a daily basis, is charged on all overdue accounts.
7. Lien/Right to withhold goods.
Freight Trans Removals reserve the right to withhold goods until full payment has been received. If we deliver the goods to storage because of unpaid charges, customer would be responsible for all the charges and our original fee. We may seek power of attorney to sell to clear the debts or dispose of such goods after one month of notice.
8. Our liability for loss or damage
By entering into this contract you confirm to us that:
- We are liable for your items only when they are in transit with us.
- In the event of our losing or damaging your goods we will pay for the reasonable costs of the repair or replacement (less wear and tear) of the item if we have been negligent.
- As we are not electricians, cannot accept any liability for disconnection/connection of any appliances and any such action taken is completely done so at the customers risk.
- If we are required to dismantle or build furniture, this is taken totally at the customers own risk and Freight Trans Removals accept no liability. (This includes TV wall brackets)
- We cannot accept any responsibility for any defective electronics/appliances unless clearly demonstrated that the damage was caused by our team.
- It will be the customer's responsibility to ensure the security of their items at the initial and final destinations by either being present or having a representative on site.
- We do take extreme care for our customers belongings, however we cannot accept any responsibility for items damaged inside of boxes unless packed & unpacked by Freight Trans Removals.
- Freight Trans Removals do not cover any damages to IKEA furniture or goods due to poor quality manufacture or construction or the wobbly condition of the items.
- Freight Trans Removals cannot accept any responsibility for furniture which is dismantled and doesn't correctly reassemble, or is damaged due to dismantling or assembly.
- We cannot accept any responsibility for goods when in storage, even if the storage is packed by our staff.
- In the event of a total or partial loss or damage to your goods, we will not be liable for the following:
- "new for old" replacement value for lost or damaged goods.
- any loss or damage which is not caused by us.
- any unforeseeable additional costs you might incur as a result of loss of a particular item.
- We can object to deliver your items through in-accessible entrance as we would not be liable for any damage to the obstructive structures or the item itself. Example of such items are large sofas, American type fridge freezers, table.
- Customer/representative should inspect our vehicles after delivery/unloading to ensure that nothing is left behind by mistake.
- Any claim must be raised on completion of Move so that our staff would have a chance to record it.
- If you require insurance cover for any of the matters set out above you will need to arrange that independently.
9. Damage to premises
We shall only be liable for damage to premises caused by our negligence. Any damages to premises must be noted immediately and brought to an employee's attention.
11. Sub-contracting the work
We reserve the right to sub-contract some or all of the work for which we have provided a quotation without reference to you. If we do sub-contract these terms and conditions will still apply in full.
This contract is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
Use of Your Information
We use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you. In addition to this we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide information to you relating to other products that may be of interest to you. Such additional information will only be provided where you have consented to receive such information.
- To inform you of any changes to our website, services or goods and products.
If you have previously purchased goods or services from us we may provide to you details of similar goods or services, or other goods and services, that you may be interested in.
We never give your details to third parties to use your data to enable them to provide you with information regarding unrelated goods or services.
Storing Your Personal Data
In operating our website it may become necessary to transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the European Union for processing and storing. By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing and processing. We do our utmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is stored securely.
Unfortunately the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically, sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
Disclosing Your Information
- In the event that we sell any or all of our business to the buyer.
- Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
Third Party Links
Access to Information
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 you have the right to access any information that we hold relating to you. Please note that we reserve the right to charge a fee of £10 to cover costs incurred by us in providing you with the information.
Please do not hesitate to contact us regarding any matter relating to this Privacy and Cookies Policy via email at firstname.lastname@example.org